February 8, 2013

Road to Medical School Checklist


It was gutsy for me to use the phrase medical school blog as a label for my introductory post. Why? Because currently, I’m not a medical school student; at least not yet. To give you an idea of where I am right now in my med journey, here is a checklist:



  • College (premed)
  • NMAT
  • Application
  • Interview 
  • Get on the admission list
  • Final Decision-making (if I’m blessed enough to actually have a choice)




During my final year in college, I decided to take a year off to rest, learn non-academic things, and acquire essential life skills. That year off is almost over and  I have no plans of extending itHowever, I am a little worried because I only applied to 3 schools. Quite few huh? I know, and that’s what feeds my doubt. What if I won’t be given the privilege to accomplish items 5 and 6 on my checklist? Well, I’m already where I am, and worrying will certainly not help. I’ll just do what I can and hope for the best.


So, that’s where I stand with regards to becoming a medical student. I’m closer to it today than I was before I started college, but I’m still not there.  A little more push for the interview, and a few more weeks of waiting for the results, then the final verdict of whether I’ll become a medical student or not, will be known. Only until then will this become an official medical school blog. The future may be uncertain but I believe that if it’s God’s will, it will happen.






By the way, I made this vanity plate to go with this post as part of my  adobe photoshop exploration. I wanted to familiarize myself with adobe photoshop; I thought a vanity plate would go well with the title, so I decided to make one. I had no idea how to do it but I was fortunate to find an easy to follow tutorial (whew!). I modified the design to make it look like a Philippine license plate and used my name and birthday as the plate number. Want to try it too? Click here.





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...